I couldn’t help but tear up watching the coverage celebrating the 75th anniversary of the invasion of Normandy which ultimately changed our world, for the better. These brave veterans taught us many lessons in leadership that are still worth consideration, today. Extraordinary leaders…
- Know that leadership is messy – not for the faint of heart
- Surround themselves with other serving-leaders
- Know that teamwork is not optional – it’s a pre-requisite
- Believe that you can, and you will
- Are courageous…and some still parachute out of a plane at 97 years of age
To say we owe these brave Veterans a debt of gratitude is an understatement. Better we challenge ourselves to pay homage to their sacrifice by living their legacy and become extraordinary leaders ourselves!